“Organiser”- shall mean the Royal Hobart Regatta Association Inc ABN 67 818 649 641
“Attendee” – refers to ticket holders intending to participate in the Event
“Event” – refers to the Royal Hobart Regatta scheduled to take place in February 2023
“Terms” – refers to these Terms and Conditions
“Precinct” – refers to the venue and grounds area defined by the Organiser as being the location of the Event and all relevant boundaries
“Official” – A representative appointed by the Organiser to represent the coordination of the Event
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude, restrict, or modify rights which Attendees may have under consumer protection legislation which may not be excluded, restricted, or modified by agreement
- Smoking of tobacco and/or e-cigarette products is not permitted at the Event unless in designated, signed areas
- Entry to the Event shall serve as the Attendee’s acceptance of these Terms
- With exception for the Organiser’s negligence/breach of contract or as expressly provided in these Terms, the Organiser will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by Attendees in connection with the Event and the venue; including liability for any injury, loss or damage caused by the Organiser or its employees, contractors, or agents
- The Organiser will make every effort to deliver the services advertised yet reserves the right to cancel, withdraw, postpone and/or re-schedule any displays or presentations in the Event without notice
- The Organiser makes no promise that Attendees should expect to have unimpeded views of all Event displays and makes no guarantees thereby
- The Organiser reserves the right to update any terms and conditions where necessary for the safe and effective coordinator of the Event without notice
Terms of Entry
- The Organiser reserves the right;
- with reasonable cause, to refuse entry and/or remove any person/s without the entitlement of a refund, including, yet not limited to any person who is deemed to have disturbed the safe operation of the Event, or fails to comply with any or all reasonable request/s made by the Organiser or their appointed proxy
- Attendees accept;
- that entry to the Event may be subject to the inspection of backpacks and/or similar items carried in compliance with the Organiser’s security policies. Searches may be extended to clothing and other personal possessions where deemed necessary. Failure to comply with this request may result in non-admittance to the Event
- they must comply with any reasonable direction given by the Organiser and/or their appointed proxy and/or security representation
- admittance will not be granted to person/s found carrying articles deemed dangerous, prohibited under law, alcohol or generally not permitted at the Event. These may include, yet not be limited to large/beach-style umbrellas, glass, items which may cause nuisance or danger and vehicles, or other transportation devices with the exception of those required due to disability or advancement in age
- No animals are permitted within the Precinct/grounds at any time with the exception of certified assistance animals. Certification must be presented where requested by an Event Official
- Access to the venue is only through authorised, pre-determined points of entry. Persons attempting or having gained entry through unauthorised means will be subject to immediate removal from the Event and surrounding Precinct.
- Unless explicitly authorised by the Organiser in writing prior to the Event no party is permitted to conduct any commercial, political, [or similar] solicitation, promotion, performing, surveying, canvassing and/or demonstration activity at the Event, nor collect contributions or distribute any material.
- The Organiser reserves the right to capture the Event both photographically and in video mediums for promotional purpose and subsequent distribution on the Organiser’s social media outlets, website and for sharing with the Organiser’s approved external news media outlets.
- Attendees may make application to exclude themselves from said materials by speaking with Event Officials or in writing c/- email@example.com
- Recording and photographing of the Event on personal devices is permitted for personal use only. All imagery remains the property of the Organiser and it’s dissemination for commercial gain is subject to the explicit authorisation of Organiser.
- No refunds will be issued without the express authorisation of the Organiser in writing
- Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing and directed to the Organiser c/- firstname.lastname@example.org